Top Social

Beauty, Film and Lifestyle Blog

Bleach London - 'Total Bleach' Review

Sunday, February 15, 2015
Boots - £7.00

The colour of my hair has been annoying me for a couple of months. Just last December, I spent £70 tidying the colour up. I was going for a sombre (subtle ombre) look, and don't get me wrong, my hairdresser did a fantastic job and I was more than pleased with the results, but unfortunately my hair just doesn't hold colour well. No matter if I lighten or darken it, it always goes back to a dull blonde, even when using silver shampoo?! I can't afford to spend money every month on touch-ups, it's just too costly. I needed a solution that would be cheap and effective.

I've followed Lou Teasdale (@louteasdale) and Bleach London (@bleachlondon) on Instagram for over a year now and I've always been meaning to check out their products. I've heard much hype about them and I couldn't wait to get stuck in. I purchased the bleach at my local Boots store for £7.00. 




This pack contains;

  • A bottle of developing lotion (peroxide) 80ml
  • 2x 25g sachets of bleaching powder
  • 1 conditioning repair mask 50ml
  • 1 tint brush
  • 1 mixing bowl
  • 1 pair of gloves
The process itself is really easy and the instructions are simple to follow. I got my best friend Becky to help apply the bleach and I highly recommend you get a friend or family member to help you out. Applying the mixture yourself is fine, but if you have a lot of hair, like myself, having help will ensure you don't miss any strands out! 

A couple of disadvantages we discovered was that the mixing bowl is tiny. It made it difficult for Becky to mix the mixture and ensuring none spilled over the edge. It may be an option to use your own mixing bowl to avoid this problem. Another issue was the powder bleach. I discovered it to be very dusty, (I found out the hard way),  and managed to breath a little bit in?! So yeah, don't be silly like me and try to 'smell' the bleach!


We spread my hair out evenly around an old, white towel and Becky began to apply the bleach to the ends of my hair. We worked our way up in steps, in fear we would run out of bleach. Becky applied an inch of mixture around the ends of my hair, and when we discovered we had extra mixture left in the bowl, we worked our way around again, applying more until the bowl was empty. Luckily, I was only applying this to the ends of my hair. If I were to bleach my entire hair using this product, I would need at least 5 or 6 boxes!


We left the bleach on for 35 minutes. The recommended time is 30-45, depending on your previous hair colour (the darker the hair, the longer you leave it on for.) As my hair was already pretty light, it didn't require much time. 

35 minutes later and I rinsed the bleach out. I washed my hair twice, as instructed, and used a small amount of the conditioning repair mask. I left this on for 10 minutes, and I must admit, it left my hair feeling smooth!

                                                 Before                                         After

You can see the results of this product above. My hair was looking dull and uneven before and I think 'Total Bleach' really lifted the colour and evened it out. The tones are no longer brassy and I will continue using silver shampoo to prevent this from happening again. As you can see, for £7.00 I think this product did the job well. If I were to use it again, I would maybe leave it on a little longer as I was looking to achieve a very white and vibrant look.

Would I use this product again? Yes. 
Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes.
Rating - 4/5 

What do you think? Will you be using this product in the near future, or perhaps you use this brand regularly? Let me know what you think in the comments below!

- KVL xo
3 comments on "Bleach London - 'Total Bleach' Review"
  1. Great review! Your hair looks lovely <3

    Jessica | http://sherbetlemonsandlipsticks.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randomly found your blog and can’t express how I like it!
    It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. the color came out great, i've been interested in their products for awhile but have yet to use anything!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

Auto Post Signature