Top Social

Beauty, Film and Lifestyle Blog

Staying in on Easter

Wednesday, March 23, 2016


It's every student's favourite time of year (apart from Summer, of course). Here's to sleeping-in every morning for the next two weeks and enjoying the little bit of sun we may be lucky enough to spot - it's Easter! If you're anything like me, Easter is a time chill-out one final time before the stress of school or work kicks in. You'll probably take a day trip to the beach and you'll visit your local cinema at least once, but more than likely you will kick back in your comfiest pyjamas and watch some chick-flicks.  Myself and my bunny Aurora decided to pull-out and share some of our favourite Easter appropriate films just for you!




 If it's a little chilly outside, I recommend staying in bed and cuddling up with your laptop. You can always rely on Netflix to have a wide range of movie options, but, if you're anything like myself, you might prefer to watch your favourite chick-flick or rom-com on the big screen. Ok, so not the big screen, but here is the next best thing! The Panasonic Viera is like having a cinema in the comfort of your own home. I'm a little bit of a movie-geek, and I just love watching a good action on a high-quality set-up - it really enhances your viewing experience! The Panasonic Viera is 4k TV. Haven't heard of it? Basically, 4k means it's better than HD! If you'd like to learn more about the Panasonic 4k TV, then click here!

Take a look at some of my favourites below! Also, remember to click on the link to watch the trailer for each film.

Sleepover (2004)


Four best friends, desperate to improve their social status, enter into an all-night scavenger hunt against the popular clique in their school.

Click here to watch the trailer!

Just Married (2003)



A young newly-wed couple honeymoon in Europe, where obstacles challenge their ability to sustain the marriage.

Click here to watch the trailer!

Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging (2008)



The story centres on a 14-year-old girl who keeps a diary about the ups and downs of being a teenager, including the things she learns about kissing.

Click here to watch the trailer!

Grease (1978)



Good girl Sandy and greaser Danny fell in love over the summer, but when they unexpecdately discover they're now in the same high school, will they be able to rekindle their romance?

Click here to watch the trailer!

Wanderlust (2012)



Rattled by sudden unemployment, a Manhatten couple surveys alternative living options, ultimately deciding to experiment with living on a rural commune where free love rules.

Click here to watch the trailer!

Clueless (1995)



A rich high school student tries to boost a new pupil's popularity, but reckons without affairs of the heart getting in the way.

Click here to watch the trailer!

A Cinderella Story (2004)



Routinely exploited by her wicked stepmother, the downtrodden Sam Montgomery is excited about the prospect of meeting her Internet beau at the school's Halloween dance.

Click here to watch the trailer!

So there you have it, just a handful of my favourite chick-flicks! Looking at them all it's hard to choose an favourite, but given I watch 'A Cinderella Story' at least 3 times a month, I will have to clarify it as the 'ultimate all-time classic.'

What's your favourite chick flick? Or maybe you have other Easter plans? Let me know in the comment box below, and if you have any recommendations, I'd love to hear them!

Disclaimer - *This is a collaborative post*

4 comments on "Staying in on Easter "
  1. OH. MY. GOD. I haven't seen Just Married in years! R.I.P Brittany Murphy!

    I absolutely love A Cinderella Story, I used to watch it obsessively when I was a teenager. I always wanted my own Chad Michael Murray to be e-mailing me poetry haha. CRINGE!

    Clueless is a good one too, reminds me so much of the 90's! You should totally add Easy A and Mean Girls to this list!

    Liam,
    www.liams-life.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Liam! I still watch 'A Cinderella Story' obsessively, every time it's on ITV2 in fact! It just never gets old.

      And good choices! Easy A and Mean Girls are classics!

      Delete
  2. I love a good few of these movie and always have ones i fall back on and watch all the time ... Mean Girl and Clueless are classics lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cinderella story was such a classic, I fell in love with Chad Michael Murray the day I watch that film for the first time! Only problem with these films it gives girls such a high expectation in boys and they are so not like this :P

    Meme x



    New Post:
    'Want to Detox, Why Not Try TeaTox*?'
    www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Auto Post Signature