Top Social

Beauty, Film and Lifestyle Blog

West Coast Cooler FASHIONWEEK - Designers and Designer Boutiques

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Easter is officially over! Back to work and back to school, no more sleeping in or spending countless hours binge-watching on Netflix. I have been so busy these last few weeks with both college and work. Alongside finishing off two costumes I have designed and constructed, I just completed work on short film 'Fade Away.' More on that to come soon!


Myself wearing Burberry at WCC BFW
So you may remember a couple of weeks ago I attended Belfast FASHIONWEEK, watching the 'Local Designers and Designer Boutiques' show. I had an absolute blast and met some wonderfully stylish people. It also gave me a glimpse into what is available here in Northern Ireland and I discovered some real hidden gems.


Cathy Martin and Rebecca McKinney Take to the Stage to Open the Show
Belfast FASHIONWEEK returned for its 21st season this March and with it came a whole host of fashionable events, with 3 nightly catwalk shows, a Fifty over Fifty’ show, the Fashion & Retail Awards, as well as the return of the sell-out Sushi Saturday and Style Sunday events, there was truly nowhere better for a seasonal fashion fix.  Fashionistas flocked to venues across Belfast to witness the hottest trends from the very best of Designers, Designer Boutiques and High Street Outlets as their Spring Summer 16 collections came alive on the FASHIONWEEK catwalk, all whilst enjoying a refreshing West Coast Cooler.

We were greeted at the door by a photographer, snapping at each fashionista before we took our seats. Complimentary West Coast Cooler was the perfect accessory to hold. Here are some of my favourite audience style moments of the night.



Courtney Kirker

Vickie Doherty

Katie Larmour
A number of local boutiques and designers took to the catwalk and I must admit, I fell head over heels in love with most of the outfits! Each designer and boutique brought something new and fresh to the walk. I discovered new talent I had never heard of before, but now I've had a first-hand glimpse at their work, I can be sure to follow their work and keep up-to-date with their latest designs and trends.

Here are some of my top-picks of the night from each designer and designer boutique. Be sure to follow their work on Facebook and Instagram!

Blush




Diamond Dolls




Grainne Maher





Jourdan


Lotus Boutique


Nor Lisa



 Sarah Alexandra Boutique




Spoilt Belle Boutique



What a show, eh? I cannot wait to see what's in store at the next show. I had such a magnificent time attending Belfast FASHIONWEEK and I cannot wait to visit these boutiques in the coming months. I think you would agree there are some seriously stylish outfits perfect for any occasion.


So tell me, what outfit was your favourite? I can't wait to hear your thoughts! 




5 comments on "West Coast Cooler FASHIONWEEK - Designers and Designer Boutiques"
  1. Looking lovely in Burberry! The Jourdan dress really stands out to me. Looks like a really fun event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Gem! I have had that dress for a long time and could never find the right opportunity to wear it. The Jourdan dress is pure elegance, and I think it was definitely a crowd pleaser

      Delete
  2. Great show, I had no idea Belfast also had a fashion show, I thought it happened only in London! The monochrome dress is gorgeous! :)
    http://lilinhaangel.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Lilinha! Yes, and I am so glad Belfast celebrates fashion! It's so exciting to discover new and hidden gems in this tiny country, haha

      Delete
  3. That dress from Jourdan is breathtaking! x

    http://www.jane-alana.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Auto Post Signature